One of my favorite ways to use coconut oil for my hair is to pour few spoons of coconut oil in a bowl, mildly heat it, add my favorite essential oil and give myself a deep hot oil treatment at home every weekend. 😀 I love the way it makes my hair feel; soft and moisturized after the wash. 🙂 I also like to use coconut oil with castor oil. They make the best oil combo for hair growth. Read my blog post on How to use castor oil for hair growth HERE
Ok, coming back to different ways to use Coconut oil…………………………
I have seen many beauty bloggers using coconut oil on face as cheekbone highlighter , moisturizer and coconut oil to remove makeup. I do like to use coconut oil to remove my makeup, also there are many ways I use it in my daily beauty regime.
Lets have a look at some of the uses of coconut oil –
- Coconut oil for face- Use it to Remove makeup & as natural moisturizer:
Getting rid of makeup before going to bed is extremely important. But, most brand makeup remover is expensive (which I hate it) and alcohol-based (Better to use it sparingly). Instead, Why not use coconut oil? It is natural, antibacterial, and most importantly safe. I like to use it as my daily natural makeup remover. All I do is, take a tiny bit of coconut oil in my palm and gently massage my face. Use a cotton pad to get rid of the oil and finally wash it off with lukewarm water. For the eye makeup, just take a few drops of coconut oil on a cotton pad and use it to remove your stubborn eye makeup. Trust me, it really works! DIY Natural Makeup Remover
- Coconut oil for Cracked Heels: Keep your socks ready! Take a bit of coconut oil and massage it over your heels ( make sure the oil is properly absorbed) wear socks before going to bed. Trust me, you’ll wake up with much softer and beautiful feet.
- Coconut oil for lip- Treat chapped lips with coconut oil: Dip your index finger in the coconut oil and smear it over your lips before going to bed.
- Coconut oil for dry skin- Use it as Body Moisturizer: I like to use coconut oil only on my legs though. Not only does it moisturize but also adds a sexy shine.
- Coconut oil for scalp- Whether you want to have long and strong hair or want to get rid of dandruff, coconut oil will help you to achieve both. Massage your hair with warm coconut oil and keep it on for about 2 hours before shower. You can add few drops of tea tree essential oil in 3 spoons of coconut oil and apply on your scalp. Massage for few minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. This will help to keep the scalp healthy and promote faster hair growth.
where to buy coconut oil?
There are a lot of different brands that sells coconut oil. If you ask me which is the best coconut oil for hair? I’d say an organic coconut oil at it’s purest form! While looking for coconut oil online or in stores, go for organic or extra virgin coconut oil.
Here are some of the organic coconut oil available online on Amazon-
Organic Veda Virgin Coconut Oil
Kama Ayurveda Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cold Pressed)
Organic Veda Virgin Coconut Oil
Organic Virgin India Coconut Oil
I hope you like this post. If so, don’t forget to share it on your facebook page, also please don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE. 🙂
And feel free to reblog and share my social media with your friends! Your support means so much!
LOTS OF LOVE!!