Last Updated on March 13, 2021 by yangandbeyond
Sadhev products review:
Nothing feels good as much as taking extra care of oneself, and what better than to invest in some good skin care products that have all the goodness and love you right back ! 🙂
On that note, I got my hands on Sadhev skin care products. All their products are cruelty free, free of sulphates paraben, phalates, synthetic colours and artificial fragrances.
I shopped during their 1 year anniversary sale. All products were up for grabs at 50 percent discount. (Imagine my excitement)
About the brand: The brand is an outcome of 200 year old legacy and Ayurvedic wisdom of the Cholayil Family. Sadhev plants a tree for every purchase. From skin care to hair care, body care to lip care, they have some really amazing natural skin care products on their website.
Moving on to the product reviews of some of the Sadhev skin care products that I bought during the sale: Face Gel, Sadhev Rose Water & Sadhev Sunscreen SPF 30.
Gel moisturizers or lightweight moisturizers tend to work great on oily skin. It moisturizes the skin without making it feel sticky or oily. When it comes to moisturizer, I always go for lightweight oil free moisturizer. I’d say that my hunt for a good gel moisturizer for oily and acne prone skin ends with Sadhev face gel 🙂
The texture of the face gel is light and gets easily absorbed. Can’t deny the fact that it has a beautiful scent (like a desert with saffron garnish) and you can literally see saffron threads inside the gel. I like to apply twice a day; morning and night (before going to bed). My skin feels hydrated throughout the day, and does not look oily.
Well, it also works great as a makeup base and primer.
– Saffron: It contains vitamins and antioxidants that have an exceptional effect on the skin. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties help soothe skin and gently treat acne. It is a magical skin-lightening agent that gives an everlasting morning glow to the skin.
– Green Aloe Vera: Aloe contains antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins A and C that delicately heals dry skin and restores a natural glow.
– Kumkumadi Thailam: An exotic serum that imparts a golden vedic glow by delicately combining rich ingredients like
Quantity: 100 gm
Price: 1500 rs
I used to be that person who would only use sunscreen when I step out, but not anymore ever since I learned the importance of a good sunscreen. You might be thinking “Should I use sunscreen at home? Well, even while you are working from home, you are still exposed to sunlight and sun rays, so investing in a safe ingredient sunscreen is a wise decision, your skin will thank you. Sadhev sunscreen has SPF 30 and glides super easy on the skin. The texture of the product is in between creamy and mousse . It gives a very matte finish look and doesn’t make the skin oily at all. However, the texture of the product seem funny during the winter. It’s not mousse , but more of liquid like.
– Madhuyashthi or Liquorice: It helps to fade blemishes and dark spots. It can be used as a sunscreen to protect the skin from sunburns and tan.
– Indian Madder: It preserves the skin from pigmentation.
– Carrot: Carrots help repair skin tissue and protect the skin against the harsh rays of the sun. Carrots are also high in beta-carotene and vitamin A and also contain nutritious minerals and antioxidants that help maintain a clear and blemish free complexion.
Quantity : 200 ml
Price: 1990 rs
When it comes to facial toner for oily skin, I feel rose water works best (for my oily skin at least). The benefits of rose water is another reason to fall in love with this magic extract.The anti-inflammatory properties of rose water are known to reduce acne and control oily skin.
I like rose water spray for my face as it’s super convenient and can be used as a facial mist as well as makeup setting spray. Sadhev Rose water comes in a glass bottle with a spray nozzle. The dark tinted bottle packaging of the product gives it a luxurious feel.
– Indian Rose: Rose petals contain sugars and natural oils that trap moisture in the skin, making the skin smooth and baby soft. Sadhev’s Rose Water is made with exotic centifolia roses, carefully harvested during the seasons of early winter to late spring when the pink buds start to show colour but the petals are yet to unfurl.
Full ingredient list: Rosa centifolia (Rose flower(Fl.)) – 0.1 % Water – Q.S Inactive ingredients: Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin – Q.S. In base made with Natural oils, perfume and approved colour – Q.S.
Quantity : 150 ml
If you are looking to upgrade your skincare routine with a homegrown luxury Ayurvedic skincare brand then definitely check them out.