Hello my lovely readers!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Well, I had a good time: tasting my sister’s yummy home-baked banana cake, casually dining at The Himalayan Korean Restaurant in Koramangla (I love Korean cuisine!) and yes, writing back to back blog posts for this week! And in between all these fun, I remember this brilliant DIY tip given to me by my cousin, Tenyang, who told me how she makes her own makeup remover pads at home using coconut oil. So, I decided to make one for myself and see how it works. I also did a video tutorial which I would be posting soon, meanwhile kindly refer this post. 🙂
To make DIY Homemade Makeup Remover Pads:
• 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
• 2 or 3 squirts of face wash, preferably tear-free baby wash
• 1 cup of purified water
• Half pack of cotton pads (mostly depends on the size of your jar)
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Heat in low flame for 20 seconds, use a spoon to steer the mixture until well blended.
3. Place the cotton pads in the jar.
4. Pour your liquid mixture over your pads in the jar.
5. Secure lid tight and keep in a dry, cool place.
How to use: Carefully take a cotton pad out of the jar, squeeze the cotton pad and get rid of the excess liquid and clean your makeup. Adding the face wash is optional, if you want to use it as eye makeup remover as well then I suggest you skip adding the face wash, else it might irritate your eyes.
Isn’t this so simple? Why spend money on expensive makeup removers when you can make one! Comment below what do you think of this DIY makeup remover pads, don’t forget to share and subscribe!